Siena, at last.

 

Getting to Siena was a bit of nightmare, owing to the train I took from Fiumicino Airport, Rome,  to Tiburtina Bus Station. Naturally it's hard to get off a train when there are no signs on the platform, nor announcements on the train. Nevertheless, I got here in the end, thanks to friendly strangers.

I couldn't be happier to have chosen Siena for the first part of my exchange. It's just the right size, with everything in walking distance but with so many winding streets that it feels perhaps larger than it is, although I can't really gauge it, since it's almost like navigating a labyrinth at times. Here are some pictures of my first day and trip to the Torre della Mangia and attached Museo Civico in the Piazza del Campo.

 My street at the moment.


 People enjoying each other's company at the Piazza del Campo. Human company, I barely remember it.








 You can see the beautiful Duomo in this one, my visit to which I will write about in my next post.

 

 
 360 degree view from on top of Torre della Mangia is amazing. It was the first time I have ever experienced vertigo. Slight dampener on my excitement, and not fun when you have to descend the countless steps you took on your way up..


 My name, in graffiti on the stairs of the Torre della Mangia.
 


You're not allowed to take photos inside the Museo Civico, so ignore the grainy and rushed iPhone shots. Above is the Sala del Risorgimento and below is a much older, I think 14th century fresco-ed room. Fantastic.

3 comments:

  1. Yay and there up! It's so crazy to see..I think I have some identlcle shots in my collection, I can't get over how beautiful the light is not to mention the view. Insane, Wish I was there to be your 'Human Company'.

    xx
    Mealz

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Naturally it's hard to get off a train when there are no signs on the platform, nor announcements on the train. " Hahaha

    Ich komme bald hin dich zu besuchen!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh. Siena photos are insane. The city is so wonderful. It looks like such a wonderful place to live. I wish I could be with you. A girls weekend with you, me and ned would be ideal here ;) xxxx

    ReplyDelete