Malmömuseet



In addition to the potentially life-threatening castle tour, there is also a great-art collection at the Malmömuseet in the same building. Unfortunately, being the off-season, the other levels were closed for renovations, so I only saw a small section of the collection, but I was sufficiently impressed nonetheless (also because I got in for 20 Krona or a measly 3.00AUD using my Australian Student Id. How liberal is that?). It had some gems from my two favourite art periods, Medieval/Early Renaissance and the Modernist years (I'm including Functionalism etc. under this umbrella if that's okay) and covered most key movements in between these two.

 Busting out. Just love marble, especially when fabric is involved (and also because it makes me think of Elizabeth Bennett visiting Pemberley) . I'm obsessed with depictions and recreations of fabric, which is why I love Early and particularly Northern Renaissance. Van Eyck is my hero. I could cry just looking at the folds and fall of his fabric.

Cheeky.


 Nothing like a bit of impressionism for a luminous lift. I love how bold the highlights here are, and the positioning next to this window just heightens the effect. Charmed.








3 comments:

  1. hah, when I see marble busts... "A handsome face, Lizzy is it a true likeness?"
    Every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful butox at exhibit. 'cheeky'. one would say i would like to possess such a goddess shaped lower half.

    ReplyDelete