Skissernas Museum, Museum of Sketches, Lund



 What I found immediately impressive about the Skissernas was the barrage of art you walk into in the first room. Barely any wall space is blank (even the ceilings have paintings attached to them), which makes a nice change from your white, postmodern container, I love the claustrophobia of  Salon hangs - it's fun to have so many different planes of colour and shapes in front of you to make sense of, with the Modernist works shown in this first room lending their vibrant selves very well to the format. The gallery has a particular focus on 'the birth of art,' so clustered around each works are element's from it's creative process - articles, sketches, commissions etc. The collection is at times random, but this is maybe what I enjoyed best about it, it was like wandering through a hoarder's non-order. Enjoy the colour!




Chubbed up in angora.










<3

 
 Life imitating art

 I really loved this little manifesto. I'm all for showing what you've got..












1 comment:

  1. I love the clusters if Art on the world - They all just work. That picture of noah is awesome x

    ReplyDelete